Feb 13, 2008

Chinese New Year (Ang Baos no enough)

Happy Chinese New Year to All !!!!

So how's your ang bao collection everyone? Got hundreds or thousands of dollars??? From what I've read in the newspapers, the traditional S$4 ang bao money is no longer enough!!! As quoted by one auntie in the papers, 'because cost of living is getting higher, S$4 no enough....'

I wonder who the hell these reporters are interviewing. They interviewing those living in Holland V and Bukit Timah issit? I simply cannot find the rationale behind 'increasing ang bao money because of rising cost of living'. I get S$4 ang baos. I don't care about whatever ang bao rates nowadays. I'm pretty sure my relatives and friends' parents do not factor in cost of living when they give ang baos. Who cares about those nonsensical sh**???

Giving/ receiving hong baos is a tradition that we choose to carry out during CNY. It's not 'paying more' just because of GST increase or 'rrrrissssing cost of living'

Wake up pple... No one will care how much you want to give. No one will care how much you receive.... and please don't think you have 'profited' from this CNY... your parents are 'paying' others too......

No comments: